Vidalia Onion DressingPerfect for the Holiday's, a dressing that will leave your family wanting more!
- 1 Pack Hunter Cattle Vidalia Onion Sausage
- 1 Pack of Hunter Cattle Bacon (Chopped)
- Sunflower Oil to coat pan if needed (1-2 tbls)
- 2 Celery Sticks (Diced)
- ½ of Lucky’s Sweet Onion (Diced)
- 3-4 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
- 1 Cup of kale (Chopped)
- 1 Granny Smith Apple (Diced)
- 1 Bag of Lucky’s Cubed Bread
- ½ Cup Cranberries
- 1 box (32 oz) Chicken Broth (or homemade stock)
- 2 Cast Iron Skillets
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Remove the Hunter Cattle Vidalia Onion Sausage from the casing and cut into 1 inch quarter pieces
- Brown sausage on medium/high in a skillet.
- Brown your chopped Hunter Cattle bacon on medium/high in a separate skillet.
- Remove meat from both skillets and set aside.
- Sauté celery, onion and garlic in bacon drippings. Sauté until onions are golden brown then add chopped kale and cook until wilted.
- In a large mixing bowl add all ingredients accept for the bacon. When adding the broth, be sure the bread still holds its form but has a good amount of broth in it.
- Add your mixture into the skillets, top with bacon and bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes.