Crock Pot Beef Stew with Quinoa or RiceFollow this recipe with any HC Beef for a delicious beef stew.
- 2 pounds of Grassfed Beef (roast, beef for stew, brisket, etc)
- 4 pounds of beef marrow bones and knuckle
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 cups of coffee
- 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 or 2 bay leaves
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- Salt, Pepper, Paprika, Parsley (or any other seasonings you like)
- Various veggies of your choice: potatoes, carrots, kale, or squash
- Add any other produce that you enjoy in stew
- 1 pound kale
- 2 tablespoons flour – To thicken if you desire
- Serve with Brown Rice or Quinoa
- Add beef, coffee, garlic, bay leaves, onion, seasonings marrow bones and knuckle bones to a crock pot.
- Cook on high in crock pot for 6 hrs.
- Add your veggies.
- Cook an additional 2 hrs and add kale if you choose.
- Continue to cook for an additional 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Optional – To thicken gravy, remove 2 cups hot liquid and save the liquid.
- Using a separate bowl, combine 1/4 cup water and flour until smooth.
- Mix with a little of the hot liquid and return mixture to pot. Stir and cook until bubbly
- Quinoa or Rice – Take 1 cup of the hot liquid saved from your crock pot and use to cook quinoa or rice. The liquid from the marrow is super nutritious and excellent for your immune system.
- For rice cook in a sauce pan covered for 45 minutes on low. For quinoa cook in a sauce pan covered for 20 mins on low.
Return to our recipes list for more great recipe ideas!